Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ready, Set..........

My very first professionally prepared screen arrived yesterday, I am so excited and can't wait to get printing.....but first things first.

Because I'm focusing on repeat pattern designs I've come up with a little hand made (cheap) printing table and scaffold system which once setup I am hoping will make printing faster and more accurate(I am a perfectionist and a maths teacher after all, those measuring skills come in handy sometimes). So although I have the fabric, inks and now frame to get the printing happening I spent most of today sorting out the nuances of my brilliant scaffold system (just a few tweaks here there and everywhere). Can I just say (whinge) that life would be so much simpler if a piece of timber that looks straight, actually was straight!!! So yes my brilliant scaffold system needs a couple more minor adjustments and things should start happening tomorrow, fingers crossed xxxx. Here are some pics of the test runs done today!